Registration opens Saturday, March 25 at 10:00 am MDT.
The Festival Committee is excited to share the 2023 Pikes Peak Birding & Nature Festival, scheduled for May 18-21, 2023. We recommend you decide on all your choices on this website and then visit the registration link below. Some trips and programs fill quickly, so decide on some second choices as backups. If you have attended a popular trip in the past, please allow others to register for that trip this year. The good news? Birds are everywhere!
REGISTRATION LINK > > > this is where the link will be on 25 March.
Registration closes on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Need help editing or confirming your existing registration? Email Victoria Dinkel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your registration fee covers most events. There are a few field trips and events which have additional fees, which include Friday’s live “Birds of Prey,” Saturday’s Chico Basin Ranch lunch and Mountain Lion Hike. There may also be daily pass or parking fees for certain field trips.
Early Bird registration begins 10:00 am on Saturday, March 25:
- Adults: $35
- Military: $25
- Youth (12 and under): $15
Regular registration begins on Sunday, April 9:
- Adults: $40
- Military: $30
- Youth (12 and under): $20
All registrants may purchase a festival T-shirt for $15
Please complete and submit your registration by Sunday, April 30, 2023 and ensure that payment is included. Field trips are ONLY open to those who pay the festival registration fee. Trips allow a limited number of participants, and may sell out quickly, so register early!
- Registration information needs to be printed with your online registration. Name tags and pre-ordered T-shirts must be picked up at Fountain Creek Nature Center prior to your first field trip. Pick-up times are Thursday and Friday from 9 am to 4 pm and Saturday from 6 am to 4 pm.
- Cancellations and Refunds: Please don’t—we want you to join us! But if you must cancel, please be aware that no refunds will be given.
- Event Substitutions: The Pikes Peak Bird & Nature Festival organizers reserve the right to cancel any festival activity or make qualified substitutions. If a cancellation is necessary, we will do our best to notify all registered participants. Please note that no refund will be issued for any cancellations. Festival changes or cancellations will be posted here on this website prior to the festival.
- Registration is not transferable among individuals.
- If you have attended a popular trip in the past, please allow others to register for that trip this year.
Birds, Brews & Bites Happy Hour
Saturday’s “Birds, Brews & Bites” Happy Hour and art auction is scheduled for 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm, outdoors at the Bear Creek Regional Park pavilions, 1850 21st Street (on the west side of 21st Street), Colorado Springs, CO, 80906 (map). Beer will be provided by Phantom Canyon Brewing Company and there will be a variety of non-alcoholic drinks. Sandwiches will be provided by Colonel Mustard’s Sandwich Emporium with other sides and desserts. Festival artist, Chris Alvarez, our sponsors and partners will all have tables. Visit with field trip leaders and other birders and bid on the festival artwork. Title Breeze will provide live music and there will be great door prizes—hopefully your ticket number will be chosen!