Early bird registration is open:
We recommend you select all of your choices on this website and then visit the registration site.
Your registration fee covers most events. There are a few field trips and events which have additional fees, which include Saturday’s Chico Basin Ranch lunch and the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo behind-the-scenes tours. You must register for these under “Additional Items” at the bottom of the Eventbrite registration page.
Early bird registration will be available through April 28 at 11:59 pm and all early registrants will receive a festival T-shirt for $10:
- Adults: $30
- Military: $25
- Youth (12 and under): $15
Regular registration begins April 29:
- Adults: $35
- Military: $30
- Youth (12 and under): $20
Please complete and submit your registration by May 13, 2019 and ensure that payment is included. Field trips are ONLY open to those paying the festival registration fee. Trips allow a limited number of participants, and may sell out quickly, so register early!
- Registration information needs to be printed with your online registration. Name tags and pre-ordered T-shirts will be available at your first field trip or seminar.
- Cancellations and Refunds: Please don’t—we want you to join us! But if you must cancel, please be aware that no refunds will be given.
- Event Substitutions: The Pikes Peak Bird & Nature Festival organizers reserve the right to cancel any festival activity or make qualified substitutions. If a cancellation is necessary, we will do our best to notify all registered participants. Please note that no refund will be issued for any cancellations. Festival changes or cancellations will be posted here on this website prior to the festival.
- Registration is not transferable among individuals.
This year all early registrants will receive a discounted festival T-shirt for $10, if they so choose. T-shirts are available in adult sizes S, M, L, XL, and XXL. Regular registration price: $15. Due to production deadlines, all t-shirts must be pre-ordered through the registration form online, but no later than May 5. There may be extra t-shirts available during the festival but we cannot guarantee you a shirt in your size unless you pre-order it.
Birds & Brews Happy Hour & Art Auction
Saturday’s “Birds & Brews” Happy Hour and art auction will be from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the Fountain Creek Nature Center, 320 Pepper Grass Lane, Colorado Springs, CO, 80917 (map link below). Appetizers and desserts will be available accompanied by beer donated by Phantom Canyon Brewery. So that we have enough food and drink, Birds & Brews reservations must be ordered through the registration form online.
There will also be a silent auction for the original, Black-billed Magpie pencil drawing, created by Colorado wildlife officer and artist, Ben Meier, and featured on the 2019 festival T-shirt.
Nathan Pieplow, author of Earbirding.com and the Peterson Field Guides to Bird Sounds of North America will be selling and signing his books, including his newly-released (April 2019) Peterson Field Guide to Birds Sound of Western North America. Wild Birds Unlimited will be selling bird seed, suet, and other backyard birding items. Each attendee will be given a raffle ticket and an opportunity to win a great door prize from these vendors and more. You will also be able to purchase additional tickets, increasing your chances to win.
The auction money raised will go to support the 2020 Pikes Peak Birding and Nature Festival
- “Birds & Brew” Happy Hour and Art Auction, Fountain Creek Nature Center (map).
- Price: included with registration.