To combat the COVID-19 Virus, the Festival Committee has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 festival. While we are anxious for the opportunity to celebrate spring bird migration and our wonderful outdoors in the Pikes Peak Region, it is better done on your own while practicing safe physical distancing and restrictions.
We are excited to announce the dates for 2021. Please mark your calendar for May 14-16, 2021.
We recommend you select all of your choices on this website and then visit the registration site.
Your registration fee covers most events. There are a few field trips and events which have additional fees, which include Saturday’s Chico Basin Ranch lunch and the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo behind-the-scenes tour.
Early bird registration is available through April 11 at 11:59 pm and all early registrants may purchase a festival T-shirt for $10:
- Adults: $30
- Military: $25
- Youth (12 and under): $15
Regular registration begins April 12:
- Adults: $35
- Military: $30
- Youth (12 and under): $20
Please complete and submit your registration by May 11, 2020 and ensure that payment is included. Field trips are ONLY open to those who pay the festival registration fee. Trips allow a limited number of participants, and may sell out quickly, so register early!
- Registration information needs to be printed with your online registration. Name tags and pre-ordered T-shirts must be picked up prior to your first field trip at Fountain Creek Nature Center. Pick-up times are Thursday from 9am to 6:30pm and Friday from 6am to 4pm.
- Cancellations and Refunds: Please don’t—we want you to join us! But if you must cancel, please be aware that no refunds will be given.
- Event Substitutions: The Pikes Peak Bird & Nature Festival organizers reserve the right to cancel any festival activity or make qualified substitutions. If a cancellation is necessary, we will do our best to notify all registered participants. Please note that no refund will be issued for any cancellations. Festival changes or cancellations will be posted here on this website prior to the festival.
- Registration is not transferable among individuals.
2020 Festival T-shirt
Saturday’s “Birds & Brews” Happy Hour and art auction is 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the Fountain Creek Nature Center, 320 Pepper Grass Lane, Fountain, CO, 80917 (map link below). Appetizers and desserts will be available accompanied by beer donated by Phantom Canyon Brewery. So we have enough food and drink, Birds & Brews reservations must be made through the registration form online.